If you are experiencing a medical emergency and need immediate assistance, call 911.
If you need immediate mental health assistance such as suicidal or homicidal crisis, sexual assault or rape, domestic violence, deaths, serious accidents, or thoughts of committing dangerous acts call 911.
A Victim Advocate is available 24-7 by calling (941)504-8599. For assistance leave a message with your number and your call will be returned as soon as possible. the Victim Advocate is available to assist victims of crime, sexual assault, and partner violence.
What Are The Warning Signs For Suicide?
These signs may mean someone is at risk for suicide. Risk is greater if a behavior is new or has increased and if it seems related to a painful event, loss, or change. Seek help as soon as possible by contacting a mental health professional or by calling the Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255) if you or someone you know exhibits any of the following signs:
- Talking about wanting to die or to kill oneself.
- Looking for a way to kill oneself, such as searching online or buying a gun.
- Talking about feeling hopeless or having no reason to live.
- Talking about feeling trapped or in unbearable pain.
- Talking about being a burden to others.
- Increasing the use of alcohol or drugs.
- Acting anxious or agitated; behaving recklessly.
- Sleeping too little or too much.
- Withdrawing or feeling isolated.
- Showing rage or talking about seeking revenge.
- Displaying extreme mood swings.
Download a Lifeline wallet card to keep with you or give out:These cards include tips on how to help or get help, and summaries of warning signs.
Suicide Prevention Lifeline
(800) 273-TALK (8255)
Safe Place & Rape Crisis Center
Bayside Center for Behavioral Health
Sarasota Memorial Walk In Clinic
2401 University Parkway, Ste 105
Sarasota, FL 34243
Sarasota Memorial Hospital -Emergency Room
1700 South Tamiami Trail
Sarasota, FL 34239
Manatee Memorial Hospital – Emergency Room
206 Second Street East
Bradenton, FL 34208
Sarasota County Health Department
2200 Ringling Blvd
Sarasota, FL 2900
Manatee County Health Department
410 6th Ave East
Bradenton, FL 34208